Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sister Curandera, Sister Healer

Sister healer,
I have entered your house just six years after your birth and I am blessed for it.

Hermana Curandera,
Tus manos estan cubrieto en sangre,
Ya se que el hombre vino y te corto, pero necesito que tu me lo cuentes.

Sister healer,
My heart is racing, I want the nerves to stop but everytime they do it’s only because he has come with the touch that paralyzes me.

Hermana Curandera,
Me duele verte en los ojos,
Se que tienes un secreto pero no se como liberarte.

Sister Healer,
Listen to my screams! I need you to save me! Witness when you walked in and the man we called father was showing me my death.

Hermana Curandera,
Mis manos tambien sangran como las tuyas, necesitamos las llerbas de nuestra madre. Donde esta nuestra mami?

Sister Healer,
My life since the age of 8 is no longer my own but his. This body, my thoughts, my words have been enslaved. Won’t you free me?

Hermana Curandera,
As estado llorando por toda tu vida. Necesito tu fuerza para sobrevivir, ensename como continuar de respirar cuando el mundo me a sofocado.

Sister Healer,
My throat keeps itching, and the nightmares that I had when I was 8 want to escape my mouth. My eyes can’t stop bleeding and my knife can’t stop cutting.

Hermana Curandera,
Hoy es el Dia. Hoy es el dia que as compartido tu fuerza con migo y as liberado mi cuerpo, mente y palabras.

Sister Healer,
I, Love, You.
He raped me.
I, Love, You.
He raped you too.

Hermana Curandera,
Yo, Te, Amo.
Perdon.
Yo, Te, Amo.
Gracias.

Sister Healer,
Hermana Curandera,
You are the backbone to my existence. Mi voz cuando no puedo hablar. The love when I am feeling un-loved. La llerbas cuando mis manos sangran. I spoke the words but you taught them to me…

No comments: